Welcome to the newest Innkeeper's Lodge – a collection of characterful double, twin and family rooms at The White Lion Hotel, Ambleside.
Why not see the rooms we have available for your dates?
Easy to reach, so much to see
Quickly reached from the M6 or Windermere Station, Ambleside bustles with hikers, mountaineers and mountain bikers stocking up for their expeditions in the surrounding countryside. From our lodge, you can easily get to:
- Lake Windermere – with its spectacular 26-mile coastline, and thrilling water sports
- Scaffel Pike – England's highest mountain
- Stock Ghyll Force – awesome 70-feet waterfall
- Wray Castle – where your kids can run amok in fancy dress
- Hill Top – Beatrix Potter's perfectly preserved 17th-century farmhouse
- Bridge House – ancient Lake District icon, quirkily perched over Stock Beck
- Brockhole Treetop Trek – adventures in the canopy of an ancient oak woodland
- Holehird Gardens – 17 acres of specimen trees and shrubs, and three National Collections
Comfortable and convenient
With The White Lion's fine pub food and superb range of real ales, wines and spirits, on your doorstep, you've got everything you need to set you up for, or pick you up after, thrilling days in Cumbria's great outdoors.
Lodge comforts and conveniences, include:
- Contemporary décor, and flatscreen TVs with Freeview, in all rooms
- Free WiFi
- Free parking for guests